What do I mean by super high toxicity? If you take an aspirin and divide it equally into 32 million pieces, one of those pieces is the amount that is a safe dose of dioxin. Dioxin was one of the chemicals used to make Agent Orange, a toxic gas used in World War I.
In looking into this more, the previous article referencing impact in the central US was largely incorrect in terms of air. It may impact the Ohio River, which flows into the Mississippi River.
This YouTube video has a NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) model showing the toxic cloud passed over parts of New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia. But with the EPA's reluctance to test for dioxins even in directly around East Palestine, there is little chance the government will test areas where the dioxin cloud passed.
This is significant because exposure to dioxins can have several adverse health effects including:
- Dioxins are known to cause several types of cancer, including lung cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Reproductive and developmental problems: Dioxins can cause reproductive problems such as reduced fertility, as well as developmental problems such as birth defects and developmental delays in children.
- Immune system damage: Dioxins can harm the immune system, making individuals more susceptible to infections and diseases.
- Endocrine disruption: Dioxins can disrupt the hormonal balance in the body, leading to problems such as diabetes, obesity, and thyroid disorders.
- Skin disorders: Exposure to dioxins can cause severe skin conditions, such as chloracne, which is a painful and disfiguring skin condition.
The effects of dioxin exposure can vary depending on the level of exposure and the duration of exposure. However, even extremely low levels of exposure over a long period can cause serious health problems as mentioned above. Therefore, it is essential to take measures to reduce dioxin exposure, such as avoiding contaminated food and water sources and reducing exposure to sources of dioxins in the environment.
One of the most well-known studies on the link between dioxin exposure and cancer is the Seveso study. In 1976, there was an industrial accident at a chemical plant in Seveso, Italy, which led to the release of a large amount of dioxins into the environment. Researchers followed up with the residents of the area for several years and found that those who were exposed to higher levels of dioxins had a higher incidence of cancer.
Other studies have also confirmed the link between dioxin exposure and cancer. For example, a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute found that exposure to dioxins was associated with an increased risk of lung cancer. Another study published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives found that exposure to dioxins was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.
So, What To Do?
- If you’re in the potential exposure area, find an environmental group that is measuring for dioxin levels. Your best bet is looking locally at a public health office. There is a $400 water test for dioxin on Amazon if you want to track this yourself. I found Pace Labs online who tests dioxin in soil for $700.
- If you find that levels are present (and therefore high!), consider NOT eating locally since the dioxins could impact plants and animals in your vicinity.
- Get a reverse osmosis water filer. If you’re on a well, you should be fine. If you’re drinking municipal water, an RO filter is just as good to have regardless of dioxins.
- Figure out a detox regimen. Whether or not your location has detected dioxin yet, if you’re in the potential exposure window, figuring out a detox protocol is important.
The one supplement I can easily recommend is BrocElite Plus since sulforaphane works in all three phases of detox and is the BEST Phase II detoxifier of any natural molecule. I’ll write more about detox regimens next week! And if you take BrocEilte together with CurcElite, you get a synergistic effect, multiplying the effects of BrocElite 3x-6x.
Click here to get 25% off our bundle with BrocElite and CurcElite together.