Cobb salad is an excellent, tasty keto meal. It is loaded with good fats while minimizing carbs. Depending on what level of ketosis you’re going for, you can vary things like the number of cherry tomatoes, type of cheese, and the dressing. A typical dressing for the cobb is a red wine vinaigrette. I like to use olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Bon appetit!
- 3 heads organic romaine lettuce
- 10 slices organic bacon (no sugar added)
- 3 organic chicken breasts
- 3 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 large avocado
- 8 organic cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup dressing
- 1 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup organic lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Wash and dry lettuce. Chop and set aside. Begin boiling a pan of water to hard boil the eggs. Pan-fry the bacon and the chicken. Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper to taste. When cooled, chop or crumble the bacon. When cooled, slice the chicken breasts.
Hard boil the eggs in the pot for 10 minutes. When cool, peel the shell and slice the eggs into quarters. Dice the shallots. Slice the avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and toss in the dressing.