9 Supplements For Boosting Your Immune Systems
We’ve had many inquiries from you on what we’re doing in this season of pandemic to boost our immune systems for viral defense. So, I recently spoke to Dr. Martin Katz and Dr. John Gildea on what they are doing for their families, and in Martin’s case, his patients.
Here is the summary of the top 9 supplements discussed:
- Vitamin D3 – 5000 IUs per day. This meta study shows a reduction in infection risk 50% in people with D3 deficiency. Make sure you version has K2 with Mk7.
- Vitamin C – 500-1000 mg/day for prevention. With symptoms, 1000 mg of Vitamin C hourly for the first 6 hours and then 3 times daily. There two of many studies looking at how Vitamin C prevents and relieves viral related respiratory infection and the common cold.
- BrocElite Sulforaphane – 5-10mg/day. This is shown to boosts natural killer cells. Click here and type “broccoli sprouts” and “virus” to see the research: Effect of Broccoli Sprouts and Live Attenuated Influenza Virus on Peripheral Blood Natural Killer Cells.
- EGCG – 1 tsp of green tea matcha has about 210 mg EGCG. Blocked early step in the influenzaviral life cycle to inhibit internalization & reduces replication once inside.
- Silibinin (aka silybin) from milk thistle. 600 mg – reduced influenza virus replication.
- AHCC Mushroom complex – 1 gram (vitacost). boosts the immune system for successful clearance of HR-HPV virus infections. And a cell line study showing boosting innate immune monocytes.
- Garlic – boosts immune system by improving natural killer and γδ-T cell function and reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)– 1200 mg/day. This randomized control trial showed that N-acetyl cysteine improves oxidative stress and inflammatory response in patients with community acquired pneumonia. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6250560/
- Vitamin A - on its own has a significant immune stimulating mechanism. It should be taken with D3-mk7.
Note: Vitamin C is beginning to sell out worldwide, so go to Amazon and buy some soon.
Leave a comment