It’s back to school time! Going back to school can be both exciting and stressful. It's essential to prioritize health to ensure a productive and enjoyable school year for your children. Here are five health tips for those returning to school:
- Nutrient-Dense Diet: Ensure you're eating a balanced diet, high in nutrients. What are nutrient dense foods? Also known as superfoods, nutrient dense foods are loaded with nutrients that your body needs to function correctly. I go into more detail here. A nutritious breakfast can help improve concentration and performance in the classroom. I make the boys organic, free-range eggs several times a week. They love this breakfast frittata.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is also important. Dehydration can lead to fatigue and decreased concentration. The boys each have light Hydro Flasks that they cover with stickers from different places we travel. We use LMNT electrolyte packets, which are sugar-free and allow you to absorb more of the water.
- Sleep Well: Sleep is one of the pillars of health. I aim for the boys to get 9-10 hours of sleep each night. If your kids are younger, they will need more sleep. But a consistent sleep schedule helps improve mood, cognitive function, and overall health.
- Stay Active: Exercise is another pillar of health. Incorporate physical activity into your children’s routine, whether it's walking, playing sports, or doing exercises at home. During the school year, this is a bit easier since there are various school sports options. Regular exercise can help reduce stress and improve mood.
- Limit Screen Time: While technology is essential these days for learning, it's also crucial to take breaks. Excessive screen time can lead to eye strain, sleep disturbances, and other health issues. I use Circle on my router which allows me to set screen time limits.
Remember, everyone's needs are different. It's essential to listen to your body and mind and adjust these tips to best fit your personal situation.
P.S. I typically give the boys extra BrocElite the first few weeks back at school due to its immune boosting properties. Now through the 25th, save 20% on any purchase of BrocElite Kids and BrocElite Plus using BTS20.